Java Team Lead
Company: RooX Solutions
Time: 15:00 - 15:45 (GMT +02:00)
Talk: Introduce rate-limiting based on the Token Bucket algorithm via Bucket4j into your application.
About the Speaker
Maxim Bartkov has been working with Java for around 8 years, he is a Team Leader at Roox Solutions.
Program member in the conference "ArchDays", co-author of Library "Bucket4j", co-author of book "Spring Rest Building Java Microservices and Cloud Applications", judge of hackathons, also write scientific article and articles for Java community.
Talk:Introduce rate-limiting based on the Token Bucket algorithm via Bucket4j into your application.
The main idea (agenda) of the report is:
1) What is rate-limiting and where and for what you need to use it
2) Main algorithms for rate-limiting: Token Bucket vs Leaky Bucket
3) Advantages and disadvantages of using Token Bucket: less memory to use for your cache (pros); Burst problem if you using Bucket for not long-time distance (cons)
4) Main implementation of rate-limiting: Resilience4j, Google Guava, Bucket4j - comparison
5) Why Bucket4j: main features implemented in the library
6) Simple code example
7) Distributed code examples based on in-memory distributed cache: Redis, Dynamo, JSR107 cache (Hazelcast, Apache Ignite, Oracle Coherence)